Wednesday, October 30, 2013

It's been a long time since I relaxed after a week's work. I went to Manila this October 18 and invited my friends who are studying there to accompany me in my unwinding purpose.

MUSEUM VISIT

Since October is Museum Month, National Museum offered free entrance to willing visitors. Jen, Jireh, Elaine and I visited its two departments: the Art Gallery and the Museum for the Filipino People. We were amazed with the works we saw there: the paintings, writings, sculptures and replicas of stuffs having to do with our country. We saw the original works of our heroes and national artists. The 'feel' of being alive and involved during the centuries then was exciting.












LUNETA TRIP

Rediscovering Luneta Park was fun! It has been decades since I've been here. I actually forgot how it looked like. We stalled for an hour at Dr. Jose Rizal's Shrine. Right then he became significant for me, having taught his 'Life, Works and Writings' among college students. His heart-rending life ending made a mark in my mind. I remembered what our national hero went through as I gazed upon his epitaph.



The professional park photographers also caught our attention. We noticed that they don't earn much these days due to the popularity and affordability of digital cameras. While exiting the park through its vicinities, Kath called on of them that we may have a souvenir shot upon the colorful fountains. What happened was unforgettable. Read on.

Kuya seemed to look enthusiastic while clicking on the camera. He did multiple shots. But our original transaction included two copies of a shot. When we're done, he insisted that we would have 4 copies of his shots. When we refused his pressuring offer his attitude changed. 'Tubong lugaw na lang 'to', he said. We followed him into the studio. While our photos were being printed he was murmuring negative things about us, ordering the computer operator to erase our photos afterwards before they might cause them 'bad luck.' We were quiet then, asking each other how to respond to him.

"Kuya, baka kaya hindi kayo kumikita eh ang sungit n'yo sa mga customers nyo," I uttered. Kuya was silenced a bit. Upon leaving the studio, we thanked him.

While travelling home we could not help but talk about what happened to us. What a memorable adventure.



0 comments :

Post a Comment