Friday, November 15, 2013


But our citizenship is in heaven, and from it we await a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, who will transform our lowly body to be like his glorious body, by the power that enables him even to subject all things to himself. Philippians 3:20-21 

I was in denial the moment I received a message about Jomby. I was in a camp that day and it's quite bothering to know that one of your friends passed away. But I was relieved when I was reminded that he is already with the Lord.

 I will miss jomby! At the age of 24, he has accomplished a lot for God's Kingdom. When I visited his wake I heard a bunch of good testimonies about him.He has never wasted any season of his life in any other pursuits. His pastor, churchmates and even the church building itself give evidences that God's work had been His priority. I firmly believe that a warm and indescribable welcome has been given to him in heaven.

He has been one of the busy officers in District Four Youth, Laguna. His loud 'banats' liven the meetings and fellowships. He has been available whenever there are tasks in JSBC and even in D4 Youth. I remember those times we spent together during the meetings in D4 Churches, and even at our house. He has been a delight and an encouragement to us.

Here's a portion of one of our conversations. Since I got sick that time, he never failed to make me smile. He  had been pushing me to get well that time so that we could play 'golf'. :p



 Indeed, his life is an example of one that is well-lived. His passion, faithfulness and readiness to serve God are the characters I admire about him.

  God used his death to remind me that life is short and that I should prioritize what is really important. Investing my time, emotions, talent, etc. on wrong things will result in regret in later days to come. What could be more fulfilling than to live our lives doing what God wanted us to do? What could be more satisfying than making much of Jesus 24/7?

May we, readers, consider what God sees important. It's time to make a difference for His glory!

Christmas in November @ JSBC Pangil.

Same event, with Cyrus Antoni.

One of D4 Christmas Parties, Siniloan Baptist Church. Approx. 5 years ago.


D4 Youth Retreat a year ago.

Another d4 event at Canaan Retreat Center.

@ NTBC Paete, before PASS Ako, 2012.

Youth Leaders' Fellowship at JSBC. It's almost 2 years ago.

0 comments :

Post a Comment